Effective 5/4/20, NWR imaging centers are resuming regular hours and clinical staff is returning to their normal schedules. We are beginning to expand our schedules to include exams that were previously postponed. As always, patients should follow the guidance and direction of their referring provider.
The following safety measures remain in place:
- Prescreening of patients during scheduling, confirmation and arrival to the facility
- Social distancing and asking patients to wait in their vehicle until being notified via text that it is time for their exam
- Encouraging patients to preregister online and reduce time in the waiting area
- Limiting number of guests accompanying patients to one whenever possible
- Adjusting schedule to allow time for registration (avoiding patients waiting in groups) and additional cleaning of equipment plus surfaces
- Recommending that patients cover their nose and mouth with a personal mask, wrap, scarf, etc. to protect staff and others from exposure
Note COVID-19 CDC Isolation Guidelines
Persons with COVID-19 who have symptoms and were directed to care for themselves at home may discontinue isolation under the following conditions:
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recoverydefined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- Improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and,
- At least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Persons with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 who have not had any symptoms may discontinue isolation when at least 7 days have passed since the date of their first positive COVID-19 diagnostic test and have had no subsequent illness provided they remain asymptomatic. For 3 days following discontinuation of isolation, these persons should continue to limit contact (stay 6 feet away from others) and limit potential of dispersal of respiratory secretions by wearing a covering for their nose and mouth whenever they are in settings where other persons are present. In community settings, this covering may be a barrier mask, such as a bandana, scarf, or cloth mask. The covering does not refer to a medical mask or respirator.
Effective 3/23/20: NWR is adjusting hours and schedules at our imaging centers in an effort to reduce/minimize the potential spread of virus.
Schedulers are calling patients as needed to reschedule appts.
New (temporary) hours are Monday – Friday 7:30 – 4:30 through May 1st
UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently rescheduling all screening mammograms, DEXA scans and CT lung screening appointments until after May 1st.
If you have an appointment scheduled before May 1st for any of these scans, you will receive a phone call from one of our schedulers. You may also call us at your convenience at 317-972-9669 to reschedule.
Thank you for your assistance and understanding.
UPDATE: ADDITIONAL COVID-19 SCREENING AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
For additional protection and safety of NWR patients, employees and visitors to our imaging centers, the following screening processes are being implemented.
All individuals entering NWR imaging centers will have their temperature tested and if it is over 100 degrees, they will not be allowed to enter the building.
With respect to social distancing, we ask that patients only bring one person with them to the facility.
At the time of scheduling and confirmation, patients will be screened for the following symptoms. If patients are positive for any of the symptoms, they will be referred to their healthcare provider for guidance on the appropriate venue for their healthcare needs.
- Fever over 100 degrees
- Shortness of breath
For scheduled exams that have passed the screening process, the social distancing procedures will be followed.
Walk-in patients will be screened for the above symptoms/temperature over 100 degrees, and if they are positive, the patient will be advised to call their provider for guidance on next steps for their healthcare.
Northwest Radiology is committed to ensuring the safety and health of our employees, patients and visitors.
- If you are experiencing a cough or upper respiratory infection, we encourage you to wear a mask. Masks and hand sanitizers are available for use at our imaging facilities. Our imaging centers are cleaned frequently and well maintained.
- We urge you to follow CDC guidelines to self-quarantine if you’ve traveled to a high risk country in the last 14 days or have been exposed to an individual with confirmed or suspected COVID -19
- If you are experiencing a fever, sore throat, and/or cough, please discuss with your healthcare provider to determine your appropriate care
- All employees and visitors to our offices will undergo a COVID-19 screening via questionnaire. Based upon your results, you may be referred to the hospital or your healthcare provider for appropriate care.
- For your health and safety, as well as the safety of our staff and other patients, we also encourage you to limit the number of visitors you bring to your appointments.
- If you prefer to reschedule your appointment, our schedulers are happy to help you. Please call 317-972-9669.
We encourage all patients and visitors to take these everyday preventive actions:
- Avoid contact with those who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using cleaning sprays or wipes
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and when unable, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer
For more information: